Tips on Managing Credit Cards
How to Pay Off Credit Card
- Stop charging your credit cards
- Pay cash for items you must buy.
- Rank the cards in order of the interest rate charged and use your disposable income to completely pay off the card with the highest rate.
How to Use a Credit Card
- Completely pay off the bill every month.
- Remember that a credit card is NOT the same as free money
- Keep only one or two cards, not the usual eight or nine
- Charge only what you can afford to pay back- avoid living beyond your means
- Shop around for the best interest rates, annual fees and service fees (preferably none)
- Pay off the debt each month, or at least pay more than the minimum
- Still have problems? Leave the cards at home or simply put them in freezer