Smart Buying Ideas
For Every Day Shopping
- Many shopping malls offer discounts and points over their membership program. The more you spend the more rewards you get.
- Make a shopping list
- Compare prices before buying.
- Buy only the good deal items.
- Buy in bunch amount for long last product.
- Buy according to your needs, not depends on your desires.
2) For More Expensive Purchases
- Decide in advance exactly what you want and what you can afford. Don't buy on impulse or because a salesperson is pressuring you.
- Ask friends and family for recommendations based on their experience.
- Get advice and price quotes from several sellers. Remember, their goal is to make a sale.
- Review product test results and other information from consumer experts.
- Read and understand any contract you are asked to sign. Make sure there are no blank spaces and that any verbal promises made by the salesperson are in the contract.
- Get a written copy of guarantees and warranties. Compare their features.
- Extended warranties or service contracts are very profitable for business. Decide whether the extra peace of mind is worth the price. To find out more, contact the Federal Trade Commission or your state or local consumer office.
- Get the seller's refund and return policies.
- Consider paying by credit card. If you later have a legitimate dispute with the seller, you do not have to pay a charge made on your credit card. See Credit.